Ag Innovation Showcase 2018 Lineup of Speakers will Address Issues and Trends across the Food Value System from Farm to Plate
This year’s theme of Farm to Plate aims to foster connections among those focused on food and agriculture innovations across the food value system. Speaker highlights include:
- Mehmood Khan, Vice Chairman & Chief Scientific Officer of Global Research & Development, PepsiCo, speaking on The Modern Consumer’s Reverse Commute Across the Value Chain.
- Mark Thompson, Vice President, Business Development at Nutrien in conversation about plant nutrition across the value chain and innovation in the fertilizer industry with Stefan Fürnsinn, Senior Vice President Digital Farming at Yara as moderated by Charlotte Hebebrand, Director General International Fertilizer Association.
- Jill Kolling, Global Sustainability Leader, Cargill speaking on Transparency. Traceability. Transformation.
- Neal Gutterson, CTO at Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, speaking on Toward a more sustainable agriculture: delivering solutions for farmers.
- Rakesh Kapur, Joint Managing Director of the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited in conversation with Zhao Jidong of Kingenta and a representative of the OCP Group about the big inputs markets of India, China, and Africa as moderated by Bob Morris.
- Six successful alumni companies (Agronomic Technology Corp, Growcentia, New Leaf Symbiotics, TerViva, Vestaron, and ZeaKal) will discuss lessons they have learned along their commercial journeys and reflect on what the next decade is likely to bring in innovation from Farm to Plate.
- Two farmers with government and not-for-profit experience will provide personal Views from the Farm: Chris Chinn, the current Director of the Missouri Department of Agriculture and Rebecca Doyle, a former resource Director for the World Food Programme (the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide).
- Matt Crisp, CEO of Benson Hill and Sanjeev Krishnan, Managing Partner of S2G Ventures will lead a discussion on 3 aspects of the food value system: transparency enabled by block chain technologies, high-value foods to meet consumer demand, and future protein.