Ed Rogers, co-founder and CEO of Bonumose, a food ingredient technology company, was interviewed by Mike Betts for the Food & Agriculture Innovators podcast. The podcast interviews entrepreneurs, investors, and stakeholders around the world building technology to sustainably and profitably improve the global food system. Bonumose went over their innovation: using natural enzymes to turn plant-based materials into tagatose and allulose, a “good sugar” that is low cost and comes with multiple beneficial properties.
Along with introducing their innovation, the podcast covered these topics in detail:
- What are tagatose and allulose?
- Clinical research behind these sugars.
- How Tagatose and Allulose are made today at a high cost versus Bonumose’s use of enzymes to reduce the cost by more than 10x.
- How Bonumose got started, and the IP behind the company.
- What is needed to get broad scale adoption of these sugars?
- The case for sustainability in producing sugars this way.
- The surprising thing about food and beverage companies and their lack of confidence in consumers.
The podcast can be found on the podcast website or downloaded from Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, and Android.