Larta Institute’s Global Ag Innovation Network (GAIN) invites you to
“Food for Thought: New Sources, New Systems” held during LAEDC’s LA Innovation week, in partnership with Sidley Austin LLP and DuPont Pioneer at the Haworth Showroom on October 20th. Registration for this event is complimentary.
Food for Thought puts a spotlight on the disruption happening across the food value chain in Southern California, and showcases new business models that have changed the way we interact with food, ag and nutrition.
Three Southern California entrepreneurs from diverse sectors of the food industry will come together to discuss LA’s position in the industry, the tough regulations they faced just to get off the ground, and the changing habits of consumers. The discussion will also include an investor’s perspective, and what startups are catching investors’ eyes.
Date: October 20, 2015
Time: 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM (lunch will be served)
Location: Haworth Showroom, 444 S. Flower St. Ste. 4800
Los Angeles, CA 90071 Parking @ 400 S. Flower St. (validation provided)
* Registration is complimentary
Meet the panelists
- Brian Albert – Founder of Amped Kitchen, a full-time production space for whole food producers, the first of its kind in the U.S.
- Phil Erlanger – Managing Partner of Pontifax Global Food and AgTech Fund
- Anita Jones-Mueller – President and Founder of HealthyDiningFinder.com, an online nutritionist for folks with dietary restriction who need to find the healthiest thing on the menu for their bodies
- Nan Kohler – Owner of Grist & Toll, an urban mill dedicated to the milling of specialty flours
- Rohit Shukla (Moderator) – Founder and CEO of Larta Institute, an LA-based business accelerator specializing in innovations in ag, food, life sciences and technology
- Roundtable Discussion: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Lunch: 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
In partnership with